CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Software / Website for collaborative crossword solving?  (Read 11135 times)

menard_1

Software / Website for collaborative crossword solving?
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website or software that allows for two people to either interactively solve a crossword together or to "pass off" a crossword to each other?

I enjoy solving crosswords with my mother when we are together, but we live in two different cities and it would be fun to solve together online!

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

DougP

Re: Software / Website for collaborative crossword solving?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »
If you and your mother both have NY Times crosswords subscriptions, you can choose the "Solve with a friend" option on their puzzle page. I've tried it a few times, and it's a lot of fun. You can also solve a "Classic Puzzle Challenge" together, which is a randomly chosen puzzle from the NYT archives.

jorkel

Re: Software / Website for collaborative crossword solving?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
As a sidenote...
There's a really super crossword blog in which 4 highschool teachers get together each day and collectively solve the NYT online: http://puzzleproject.mbhs.edu/home  If you had further questions about how they do it, I'm sure you could ask them for details.

-Joe Krozel