CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Welcome to the Today's Puzzle Board  (Read 27672 times)

admin

• Administrator
Welcome to the Today's Puzzle Board
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:05:24 PM »
People are talking crosswords all over the net these days. There are plenty of great blogs out there, but here's a chance to have your say! Discussions about all puzzles are welcome, be it the Sun, LAT, NYT, CrosSynergy or Other.

Which puzzles knocked your socks off today?

andreacarlamichaels

Re: Welcome to the Today's Puzzle Board
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
everyone, please support Peter!
I shudder to think of the few options left and the quality of the puzzles.  Yesterday, while getting my hair done, I had run out of things to read and did the commuter puzzle (Oct 13th) and it had SEEK and SEEKS with practically the same definition...
One going down, one going across (they practically crossed!)
It was not part of a theme, nothing, just carelessness and shabby construction!
How do we get Peter the thousands of sign-ups he needs?!

jsolomon

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »
I subscribed to the Sun crossword through March, but when I tried to download it, I could not get it to open in Across Lite. i get a message: "File is either not an Across puzzle or is corrupt. Unable to open puzzle. Import file format not recognized."  I tried emailing it to myself but it still didn't work. I have no problem when I download old puzzles from the The Sun site. Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »
I subscribed to the Sun crossword through March, but when I tried to download it, I could not get it to open in Across Lite. i get a message: "File is either not an Across puzzle or is corrupt. Unable to open puzzle. Import file format not recognized."  I tried emailing it to myself but it still didn't work. I have no problem when I download old puzzles from the The Sun site. Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Please post messages like this in the Support forum.

stevie

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »
Anyone know what "giveemaninch" in today's Cros is supposed to be?  Shouldn't it have been "givemenaninch"?

Doorbell

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »
I'd guess that phrase the constructor intended was GIVE 'EM AN INCH, but it's hard to know without checking the puzzle.  Could you tell us which puzzle you're referring to -- NYTimes, the Sun, the LATimes, or something else?

carolync

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 06:38:02 PM »
How did Josh subscribe through March?  I thought the current batch runs out in mid February.  I am more than willing to pay for more and to encourage others.    The puzzles are just too good to go away.