CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT Tue. 4/3 Steven J. St. John  (Read 3139 times)

magus

LAT Tue. 4/3 Steven J. St. John
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
Possible Title: Cached Valuables

Good Ones:
Nice price?   PRIX
Comes down hard   SLEET [literal and figurative]
Where dos are done   SALON
Dinghy propeller   ROWER
Theme: G-E-M found in phrases
Some buried treasure {and theme}   HIDDENGEMS

By the Way:
All-night party   RAVE [As a frequent attendee of raves both here and abroad I can attest that they are not all-nighters, except for the times one passes out from excess and wakes on the floor in the morning.]

Pre-A.D.   BCE  [Shouldn’t that be “Pre-C.E.”?  If one eschews the B.C./A.D. rubric, though Lord knows why one would, one would use C.E. for Common Era and B.C.E. for Before the Common Era.  It may, by the way, require more letters to do so, but the return is worth the extra effort.  One wouldn’t want a religious figure to have too much importance in Western Civilization; B.C. in not P.C.]

All 26 letters were used. [my 4/4 addition]

Some Nits to Pick:
Excellent server   ACER [not a real word, and I am certain that editor Norris allows it only to drive me crazy --- but he's too late and all he does is reduce the quality of his product]

RATING:   ;D ;D Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:24:01 AM by magus »