CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: No LA Times puzzle  (Read 30258 times)

bobsilber

No LA Times puzzle
« on: October 16, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »
I can't access the LA Times puzzle since your new format -  I get :

Not Found
The requested URL /puzzles/lat/lat081016.puz was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.cruciverb.com Port 80

earlinjax

Re: No LA Times puzzle
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
That started yesterday. I discovered today that you can go to the archives and get yesterdays puzzle. Guess we will just be a day behind.

Papa John

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
I, too, was unable to get the LAT puzzle, this morning. So, my question is where is this archive?

joon pahk

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »
I, too, was unable to get the LAT puzzle, this morning. So, my question is where is this archive?

i downloaded today's LAT puzzle just fine about 15 minutes ago. i think it was just posted a bit late today.

the archive sidebar is just under the "today's puzzle" sidebar on the front page.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »
Yes, in the move something happened to the script that moves files from the queued directory into the live directory. Probably a permissions issues and should be easy to fix.

zullym

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
Kevin, there is no puzzle for today, October 18, on the archive calendar which I access through WIJ Puzzle Pointers.  It's just not in bold on the calendar, so it's not a question of asking for it to be e-mailed, which worked wonderfully with the SUN puzzles.

BitShifter

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
FWIW, if you're ever in a pinch, you can always get the current LA Times daily puzzle, and past 30 days, for free directly from the LA Times website; I think no registration is necessary:

http://games.latimes.com/

The downside is that it uses the Uclick Flash media applet, which to my taste isn't nearly as nice as Across Lite (font choice not always the best, can't configure puzzle location on print.) That said, it prints out a workable puzzle for those times when the Across Lite version isn't available. Also, they have a calendar puzzle on Sundays that I don't think is available as an Across Lite through Cruciverb.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
The puzzle is there now. Still haven't fixed the script that moves it, I've been dealing mostly with the Sun issues. Gonna fix the LAT issue now.

- km

zullym

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
Thanks, people, very much.

joon pahk

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »
the LAT puzzle seems to be missing again today, as of 11:50 am eastern.