CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Making .puz files with Across Lite on Mac OSX Lion  (Read 9632 times)

garyk

Making .puz files with Across Lite on Mac OSX Lion
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »
Since upgrading to Across Lite version 2.1 for Mac OSX Lion, I am unable to create .puz files. The instructions supplied by Literate Software simply do not work. According to those instructions, I should be able to open my old text files, which I once used to create .puz files using an older version of Across Lite, but when I try to do that here's the resulting error message: "Unable to open crossword -- This may not be [a] valid Across crossword or it may be corrupted." I tried editing the text files in TextEdit to conform to the new version 2 of text files, with the same result. I even took the sample file from the instructions, cut and pasted it into a text file, and again achieved the same result. There's not much available support from LS.

bbundy

Re: Making .puz files with Across Lite on Mac OSX Lion
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
Hi Gary,

If it helps, you can create .puz files with http://crosswordcomposer.com, which also supports import of a text format (.xpf documented on xwordinfo.com).

-Bruce

garyk

Re: Making .puz files with Across Lite on Mac OSX Lion
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
Another person pointed out that the problem is rectified in the latest version of Across Lite, Mac v2.2. I tried that and it worked. Thanks!