CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: software for mac  (Read 38588 times)

kedzie

software for mac
« on: October 29, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
I just tried to register Cruciverbalist Pro for Mac and got sent an email that the company (Kagi) is no longer selling it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent construction tool that will work with Macs? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

redox

Re: software for mac
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »
On Oct. 28th, CrossOver Pro was offered for free (1 day only) on the CodeWeaver's site. I'm currently trying it with CrossWord Compiler 7 on my Intel MacBook and it seems to be working very well. I realize that this is a couple of days too late for you get a free copy of CrossOver, which is emulation software that lets Windows software run on a Mac w/o requiring a copy of Windows, but both Crossover and CrossWord Compiler have trial periods that let you evaluate the software. You might find that they serve your needs. Of course, if not, you can buy a copy of Windows and  install VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop. Those two run CC just fine according to the CC website.

There is a serious lack of good crossword software for the Mac. I wish someone would create some but until then are some not-too-clumsy alternatives.
If you have any other Q's, I'll try to help.

joon pahk

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:39:20 PM »
i use crossfire, which is cross-platform (mac, windows, linux). it's a very nice program; in particular, the user interface for filling a grid is really, really good. it costs $50, although you can download a free evaluation version that is fully-featured but will only run for 1 hour (and doesn't let you save). check it out.

joon

kedzie

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
Thanks so much both of you. I'd just about given up.

beej6

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:00:38 PM »
I'm trying CC8 with CrossOver and there's a bug or two... is it possible to get CC7 still?

verbAtim

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:05:29 AM »
Cruciverbalist wasn't built for OSX. It only worked in 8 and 9.

Another emulator one might try is
https://www.virtualbox.org/
which also has the distinction of being open source and free (still need to get a copy of Windows, though).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:55:16 AM by verbAtim »

jim anderson

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
There is also Crossword Master
http://www.yinyansw.com/
Some issues, but it seems to work.

mbarnhart

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »
I've been using CC8 with CrossOver and its functional enough but I have to deal with a ton of bugs.

WilliamNewman

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 04:38:25 PM »
ERP should not be mistaken for CRM arrangements, however they share a few comparative highlights. ERP frameworks give a substantially more intricate scope of administrations close by client collaborations, the executives of cycles, and different errands. The detailing framework is made by the method for diagrams, measurements, and visuals, providing the client with an extensive vision of the gainful impact of the effective execution of ERP.

To recruit ERP expert means protecting your business with an expert who can in a split second spot the holes in the work process the executives, recommend the most fitting arrangements, and save the spending plan from extra, superfluous uses>> erp implementation consulting