Forum > Software / Technical

New crossword making software

<< < (3/3)

peterflynn:
Hi Tom,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Crossword Studio!  Being approachable to beginners was a top goal for this software from the very start.  We're definitely hoping to improve more in the future -- so if there's anything you do find confusing, it'd be great to hear your feedback.

Sorry about the snag you hit with double-clicking.  If you could send an email to info -@- crossword-studio.com, we'll start troubleshooting that right away for you.

I definitely agree with you that word lists are important.  It's much easier to fill a grid when you have a large list, and quality matters too -- it's no use making a word list long just by filling it up with obscure answers that are hard to clue.

It's hard to say exactly how the Crossword Studio dictionary stacks up against that in other products.  But I can tell you that a serious amount of effort went into building up this custom list, and we're working hard to make it even better in future versions.  There are currently about 130,000 answers in the dictionary, and you can easily add on your own word lists.  There's also a pretty good word list available for download here at cruciverb.com if you have a Gold membership, which you can also import.

Again, glad to hear of your interest!  There's lots of room for your feedback to shape the next version, so if you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know -- either here, or at the crossword-studio.com email address.

- Peter

TMcD:
Thanks for the reply, Peter.  I've found the software easy and intuitive to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version