CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Across Lite....GRRRRR!  (Read 9501 times)

ghostrunnerassembly

Across Lite....GRRRRR!
« on: June 15, 2010, 12:52:10 AM »
Hello!
I'm brand new here.  I'm an amateur constructor who was recommended both this site and across lite.  My first post is regarding across lite.  I would love some counsel regarding this seemingly fickle and tedious construction software.  And if anyone knows about Crossdown, that would be great as well. 
Thanks and I hope I can provide some utility for others on this site.
Kevin.

Doorbell

Re: Across Lite....GRRRRR!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »
I wouldn't consider AcrossLite to be software to aid in crossword construction.  It's super as a tool for delivering a constructed puzzle to an audience, but not for constructing the puzzle.  I don't know anything about Crossdown, but I've used Crossword Compiler for years and find it extremely useful.

Doorbell

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
Sepreus, you should not be making all these posts at the end other people's questions, to which they are not related.  If you want people to critique the puzzles on your website, you should just start one new thread.  Adding your message over and over to other people's posts is considered spamming.  I have critiqued your puzzle in your original post, which is at the end of the thread on three-letter words.

irvson

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
I'm also new to crossword construction. Maybe by the time you read this you'll have made a decision about Crossdown vs Crossword Compiler. I ran across Crossdown first so I bought it. I've used it for a few months and have found it both helpful and useful. But the strong recommendation from experienced constructors is Compiler. (I will get it soon.)

SJS

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
For what its worth, I'm a fan of Crossfire.

ladylenalee

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:15:29 AM »
What do you mean about AcrossLite?