CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT Tue. 8/2 Patti Varol  (Read 5771 times)

magus

LAT Tue. 8/2 Patti Varol
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Play Time

Baa nana?   EWE [even I groaned]
First name in jeans   LEVI
Deal with moguls?   SKI
Nine of diamonds?   TEAM
Theme: TIMEAFTERTIME hints that the word time could follow the last word of the following: HALFLIFE, DOUBLETAKE, WARGAME, AIRSHOW, BIGNIGHT, and PRESENTDAY.  So we have lifetime, take time, game time, show time, nighttime, and daytime.

::)
With AMY and MEG, I hope you know Little Women.

Hate to be a pain, but:
Delayed reaction for DOUBLETAKE suggests the double take was “late,” but double takes are “second” movements without hint of delay.

???
It makes Tom frisky   CATNIP [Why is tom (male cat) capitalized?  My friend Tom is not made frisky by catnip though bourbon seems to work.]

RATING:   ;D ;D Three grins = Excellent: Loved it; Two grins = Good: Enjoyed it; One grin = Satisfactory: A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Unsatisfying: No fun

ktoonces

Re: LAT Tue. 8/2 Patti Varol
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
The word "time" can also follow the first word of the starred answers. Hence, the theme "Time After Time".

magus

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
 :-[ Thanks for the heads up --- I hadn't noticed.  I try to be accurate but ...  think I need an editor.

DrewE

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »

???
It makes Tom frisky   CATNIP [Why is tom (male cat) capitalized?  My friend Tom is not made frisky by catnip though bourbon seems to work.]

I would guess they're referencing Jerry's friend and/or nemesis (from the animated cartoon series).

magus

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
I think you're right.  Thanks.