CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Themes  (Read 10489 times)

kixky

Themes
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »
Where can I find a general discussion or tutorial about themes?  What makes a theme?  How much of the puzzle must conform to the theme? etc

fungi1995

Re: Themes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:35:26 AM »

rpearson7917

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:47:29 PM »
This is a great link, I've printed it out and spend a lot of time reading it. Can you tell me the name of the book this is sourced from??

Robert

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »
For general advice on themes, please see the Sage Advice on the left-hand side of the homepage of this site. You'll find two theme articles by Nancy Salomon and one by Roy Leban.

Also, the 21st Century Crossword Dictionary has a Theme Types section in the back. I believe 36 theme types were identified, with examples for each type.

- Kevin

kennyb4real

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:59:15 AM »
Followed the link, and although I cannot be absolutely positive I would say that this appears to be the first chapter of crosswords for dummies (or something of that nature) I have seen enough DUMMY books to identify the typset and Icons (Finger with string around it). As I was writing this I decided to search amazon.com and found out the true source of this material. The book can can be purchased from the following link.  http://www.amazon.com/Crossword-Puzzle-Challenges-Dummies-Patrick/dp/0764556223/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254127531&sr=8-2#

Crossword Puzzle Challenges for Dummies (Paperback)
by Patrick Berry (Author)

Hope this helps

BTW - I am new to this and am interested in starting to build some puzzles for publication. I know I can develop interesting themes and clues, but before I spend $190 on crossword compiler how hard is it really to have a puzzle published?