CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wedding theme crossword ideas  (Read 8010 times)

frankmill12

Wedding theme crossword ideas
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
Good day all,

I am trying to organize a crossword solving event as part of my friend's wedding day. The idea is to entertain the guests and keep them busy while the groom settle the other stuffs.

I am an avid crossword solver myself and is keen to create some puzzles with a wedding theme on my own. Any good recommendations on how I should get it started? I was thinking that I could probably build wedding themed words or the bride's name into the puzzle. Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Trix

Re: Wedding theme crossword ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:03:10 PM »

For humor - how about meshing famous names... like if Holly married George W, she would become Holly Bush.  Could be interesting with middle names or keeping last names in too.  (I am sure you can make funnier ones, I had a niece named Holly so that one sticks in my head.  I always teased her that she would marry a man named, Bush or Hobby or Day....)

For romance - a theme of successful historical marriages or cinematic love stories (with happy endings, of course).  Ones that all the guests would know.

-Trix  ( :

jack123

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
you can also put the wedding dress styles and brands names to it. wedding designers or wedding songs. there are unlimited ideas.

kara5smith

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »
another good idea would have been to make it about things you would pack for your honey moon, or details about the bride and grooms lives.

leenoemi

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »
you can also put honeymoon spots and wedding details like flowers and churches on it.  ;)

Debbie72

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:30:26 AM »
that's a great idea!

yeah details about the groom and bride's life is a good idea. And you could actually make 2 puzzles. One about the groom for the groom's family and one about the bride for the bride's family or the other way around so that the bride's family get to ask questions to the groom's family to solve their puzzle and vice versa.