CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crosswordstar 4 - not searching (FIXED apr 24)  (Read 7526 times)

Trix

Crosswordstar 4 - not searching (FIXED apr 24)
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »
Good afternoon,

I purchased Crosswordstar and Gazeteer 4 in December, but have not been able to get it to search from the main dictionary for multiple answers ('wildcard search' using ? to substitute for all possible letters).  

I have sent 4 messages to the manufacturer (star@crosswordstar.com), but have not received any response.  

I have tried to reload it.

I have checked the help function.

I have tried to duplicate the search example on the website, (linked from the bottom of the home page of cruciverb.com).  I used the same example E?????E, and selected: main dictionary, see, view, both, but I do not get a 'LIST BOX' below the 'SEARCH TEXT BOX'.  My program does indicate that there are 2 answers, but it does not indicate what they are.

Has anyone had the same search problem?  Has anyone had problems contacting the manufacturer for support?  Any suggestions?

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
-Trix  ( :
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:40:28 PM by Trix »

star

Re: Crosswordstar 4 - not searching
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:43:33 AM »
Trix,

I have not received any of your emails concerning your problem with search using CWDAG4. Please give me some info about your computer; 
1 Mac or PC ?
2 Operating system ?
3 Screen resolution  ?

It sounds like your problem might be you have your screen resolution set to low (i.e. 640 x 480). First try to increase the screen resolution to at least 1280 x 1024.

Please let me know if this works and if not answer the above three questions.

Thanks,

Will
Crosswordstar.com

Trix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »
Thank you for your reply Will,

I checked my system (PC, 64 bit, Windows 7, resolution 1366x768).

I found the solution...
I checked Crosswordstar again, looking at resolution quality.  Then, using mini edge arrows I expanded it to fill the screen and the wildcard search popped in.

I hadn't thought to do that earlier as it already filled most of my screen, and only the clues/dictionary segment had scroll arrows indicated.  There were no scroll arrows for the search segment.  Also, the number of matches always showed, but is below the wildcard search list that was missing.  Works great now.

I am looking forward to using this program; it has a lot of detailed information!

Thank you,
-Trix  ( :
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:41:07 PM by Trix »

star

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »
Trix,

Great to here you found the solution and can now use the program. I still do not know why I did not get your emails. If I had not logged onto the Cruciverb forums I would have not known that you tried to contact me.

Anyway, it appears all turned out well.

Thanks for purchase and hope you enjoy the CWDAG 4,

Will Weiss
Crosswordstar.com