CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT Sat. 8/4 Joe DiPietro  (Read 3429 times)

magus

LAT Sat. 8/4 Joe DiPietro
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
Possible Title: Uncrossed Four

Theme: I guess the grid (31 blocks) is a theme of sorts: four letters --- E, H, U, and O --- are uncrossed.  Why is a mystery.

Good Ones:
Grim character?   REAPER [not Grimm]
Letter in red and violet   SHORTE [should that be sound?]
Moves right for, say  LETSPASS

By the Way:
HOMIE is an alternative to “homes,” which is a Latino expression for “friend.”  I believe it’s a derivative of “hombre.”

ETSEQQ may be in some dictionary, but I’ve never seen it.  Crossed with TRANQ, which seems coined for this occasion, is too strained, unsportsmanlike, and should be interred never to be exhumed --- as well as the clue “Brings to light” for EXHUMES.

Who knew?:
UNU was Burma’s first prime minister (thought he was the second) and HOSTE is a Chilean island south of Tierra del Fuego (thought it was Peruvian). :D

Some Nits to Pick:
Blaise’s blaze    FEU [that’s French and never used in our language, and who the blazes is Blaise (“Blaise’s brush off”) and how do we know he’s French?]

RATING:   ;D ;D Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:41:45 AM by magus »