User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Google Ads

Author Topic: Info please!  (Read 1708 times)

Brlong99

• Email
Info please!
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
This is my first tine ever using this website and I am really getting into crossword puzzles! I was just curious if anyone can give me any  rules, tips, info etc. About the State puzzle contest. Anything is better than what I know right now! Thankyou!

Todd G

• Email
Re: Info please!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:30:15 AM »
It's not a contest.  A few years ago, some members of the CRU-L mailing list had the idea of creating a book of crosswords, one (presumably) for each state.

For a while, there was a lot of interest in the group.  Some people calling dibs on certain states, other people discussing licensing and similar issues.  There was enough activity that Kevin decided to create this space in the forum.

But the book never happened, and no one really talks about it anymore.  This forum area should probably be removed.

But one or two of us (including me) created a state puzzle that should still be here somewhere.  In my case, mostly to get people talking about puzzles instead of legal and publishing issues.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.