Forum > General Support

Issues downloading puzzles

<< < (2/4) > >>

Spitzmaus:

--- Quote from: tschelat on March 31, 2011, 12:03:06 PM ---Bill, you aren't the only one.  Cross Synergy has been returning a 404 error for me since Mar 26, too.

--- End quote ---

Ditto me for Cross Synergy too. For a few days after I began getting the 404 error message I was able to "right-click-save-as" a .puz file [Across Lite] directly from the Washington Post site. Not so now. The two options left are either solving online w/ the Java applet or printing out a hard copy. I find both unsatisfactory; I prefer working the puzzles offline in Across Lite.

FWIW, I'm using Firefox 4.0.

michaele:
In case this happens to anyone else I switched to Firefox and was able to download all the puzzles OK.

Filer:
Should you get the text vice the Across Lite rendering of a puzzle you can save the "raw" puzzle without allowing the ".txt" to be added and you will get an Across Lite file that will result in a ".puz" flie that Across Lite will open in a normal rendering.

I am a Macintosh user and on a Mac you "Save as" and in the dialog box delete the ".txt" leaving the "puzzle.puz" and then "Save". In the next dialog box check "don't append .txt". The puzzle downloads in the correct format.

Bill Albert:
I can download the puzzles, but I do not know how to open them. Windows does not know how to open files ending in .puz

Sam Salo:
The program windows publisher is normally used to open .puz files. However you can download the necessary files from the New York times web site. Google "Across Lite " and New York Times and you should be able to find the link. Enjoy your puzzles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version