CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crossword builder software recommendations?  (Read 22345 times)

kwanjul

Re: Crossword builder software recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
FWIW, I purchased the base version of Crossword Compiler and bought the scored word list from XWord Info. IMO, the best use of CC is cycling through all the fill options for various small grid sections (like a dozen or so squares) *after* you've set your themers and manually chosen the best non-theme long entries. The reason CC's demo may have had plenty of partials and made up words could be because their demo word list sucks. But if you buy a real one (or make your own), I think it works great. The one shortcoming of CC is that you can't update the scores on your word list while you're cycling through the fill options.

mmcbs

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
If you purchase the professional grid filler option you can add the words one at a time, and you can rescore (or delete) words as you encounter them. Highly recommended.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

4wd

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 12:34:26 PM »
FWIW, I purchased the base version of Crossword Compiler and bought the scored word list from XWord Info. IMO, the best use of CC is cycling through all the fill options for various small grid sections (like a dozen or so squares) *after* you've set your themers and manually chosen the best non-theme long entries. The reason CC's demo may have had plenty of partials and made up words could be because their demo word list sucks. But if you buy a real one (or make your own), I think it works great.

Purchased the base version as well, thinking of getting the pro grid filler add on, though crossfire works great. I've got my eye on that particular word list be purchasing it soon

Yup, CC's demo word list's not want you'd call robust, I don't even wanna talk about it  :-X  :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:37:09 PM by 4wd »