CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Need advice re: phrase  (Read 6737 times)

cranberry44

Need advice re: phrase
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:29:55 PM »
I'm almost finished working on a 21 X 21 with 11 pirate theme entries of 8 letters or more each; so what I can do with my other entries is somewhat limited. I have an entry for "ARABEAST"; (meaning "Arab East"). The clue will be "The Masriq, with The" (when I googled "Arab East," "Masriq" was the first term that came up per Wikipedia, and it includes Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Syria; or those countries east of Egypt). (As opposed to Maghreb, essentially those countries in Northern Africa.) There are also a few book titles with the term "Arab East" in them; but the titles are too academic. Can "Arab East" be considered a phrase and therefore acceptable? Should I, instead, list the countries as the clue? Any suggestions?

mmcbs

Re: Need advice re: phrase
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
I don't think ARAB EAST is a "thing" that could be used as a non-theme entry. I'd keep working on that section.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

cranberry44

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
I believe you've confirmed what deep down I knew but was trying to ignore. You're right--back to the drawing board. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

siddharthinfosys

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:29:11 AM »
Should I, instead, list the countries as the clue? Any suggestions?

Hoyt Arcane

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
Just thinking out loud here: Would I'M A BEAST work in that spot?

alicebobby

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 04:15:47 AM »
You seem to have validated what I always knew deep within but was attempting to ignore. You're correct—let's start over from scratch. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a remark. 
 bitlife