Forum > General Discussion

Need advice re: phrase

(1/2) > >>

cranberry44:
I'm almost finished working on a 21 X 21 with 11 pirate theme entries of 8 letters or more each; so what I can do with my other entries is somewhat limited. I have an entry for "ARABEAST"; (meaning "Arab East"). The clue will be "The Masriq, with The" (when I googled "Arab East," "Masriq" was the first term that came up per Wikipedia, and it includes Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Syria; or those countries east of Egypt). (As opposed to Maghreb, essentially those countries in Northern Africa.) There are also a few book titles with the term "Arab East" in them; but the titles are too academic. Can "Arab East" be considered a phrase and therefore acceptable? Should I, instead, list the countries as the clue? Any suggestions?

mmcbs:
I don't think ARAB EAST is a "thing" that could be used as a non-theme entry. I'd keep working on that section.

cranberry44:
I believe you've confirmed what deep down I knew but was trying to ignore. You're right--back to the drawing board. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

siddharthinfosys:
Should I, instead, list the countries as the clue? Any suggestions?

Hoyt Arcane:
Just thinking out loud here: Would I'M A BEAST work in that spot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version