Forum > General Support

L.A.Times

<< < (5/9) > >>

cbrockman:

--- Quote from: trauer1282 on July 20, 2017, 12:21:21 PM ---Cut and paste everything starting with <ACROSS PUZZLE> to a text file.  Then open Across Light, click "open file", and point to the text file you created. You should be able to print the puzzle and save it in puz format.
--- End quote ---

I created a .puz file from your earlier posting but when opening it in Across Lite I receive a "corrupt file" error message.

phil262:

--- Quote from: cbrockman on July 20, 2017, 12:26:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: trauer1282 on July 20, 2017, 12:21:21 PM ---Cut and paste everything starting with <ACROSS PUZZLE> to a text file.  Then open Across Light, click "open file", and point to the text file you created. You should be able to print the puzzle and save it in puz format.
--- End quote ---

I created a .puz file from your earlier posting but when opening it in Across Lite I receive a "corrupt file" error message.

--- End quote ---
I get the error too, but it still works. When you see the error message popup just click "OK" and then everything works as usual.

trauer1282:
Yes, Across Lite is pretty picky about the format of the file being imported. It must be plain text and have exactly the right number of clue lines to match the grid. If you try to pull in an RTF or MS Word file for example, you'll get the corrupt file error. Also, make sure you don't have any blank lines at the end of the text file.

I just tried again to make sure the puzzle opens fine, but note that I'm using the Mac version of the program... the Windows or Linux version could be more picky.

trauer1282:
Yesterday's post is updated with today's (Friday) puzzle.

gtbyrneva:
Worked like a charm!  Thanks!! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version