CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: NYT Sunday  (Read 4880 times)

jrob

NYT Sunday
« on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
I sometimes get the impression that the quality of the Sunday NYT varies a bit from week to week. As a frequently rejected daily constructor I wonder if chances would be better submitting Sunday puzzle.
Any advice on trying a jump to Sunday?

Pangram~Man

Re: NYT Sunday
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »
Try to study and get to know Will's dry sense of humor. Catering to William's throne might set you back in time & in mind.

mmcbs

Re: NYT Sunday
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:24:44 AM »
The real question in deciding what size puzzle to attempt is whether you have enough good theme material to get to a Sunday-size puzzle. If you have a theme that you think is good enough for NYT Sunday, by all means go for it. There are a number of constructors who made their NYT debut on Sunday. I agree with you that there is a lot of variability in the NYT Sunday, both in difficulty and overall quality (whatever that is), but the one thing all NYT Sunday puzzles have in common is a theme that you can almost never say "I've seen this one before". Will is always looking for new twists, new ideas . . . you get the picture. Good luck!
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/