CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: WSJ time frame for puzzle submissions  (Read 4877 times)

fggoldston

WSJ time frame for puzzle submissions
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »
Since there is no time frame posted in the specifications posted by WSJ and especially since we are told to just 'be patient' I don't want to re-send a puzzle I submitted to WSJ in March.  But the last time I submitted one, I got a response a month later and I am coming up on 4 months this time which even Will Shortz seems to think is an unreasonable amount of time for NYT submissions.  Is the address for WSJ (wsjpuzzles@mikeshenk.com) still a correct one?  Does anyone know if WSJ is really backed up or something?  And would anyone know if I should just sit tight, or go ahead and re-submit to a different e-mail that I have on file for them (which seems like an underhanded thing to do if one of his helpers is backed up and I bring that to light by sending it out to another).
thanks

fggoldston

Re: WSJ time frame for puzzle submissions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:42:26 AM »
I had my facts wrong when I posted the above.  I did receive a response and just missed it in my e-mail.  Sorry if I offended anyone at the WSJ - it wasn't intended.