CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crossword Compiler 6 or lower?  (Read 5611 times)

fggoldston

Crossword Compiler 6 or lower?
« on: April 15, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
I notice that Crosswords Club requests that we submit in Crossword Compiler 6 or LOWER.  I just bought Crossword Compiler and am not sure how to lower the settings or what it is that makes 6 and lower so special.  Can anyone help me out with this?  They also say that they accept Across Lite text, but I have a feeling this is not the Across Lite that I have sitting on my computer either.

stickler

Re: Crossword Compiler 6 or lower?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
Hi,

When you go to Save As, the current CC format is the default shown by "save as type" under the filename entry line. Other types are available by clicking on the dropdown arrow, including XML and the one you want CC 4-5.1.

You can also save (export) in Across Lite format in CC by using the File->Export function.

David Stickley
www.stickler.com.au for free international cryptic crosswords

fggoldston

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »
Thanks!  :) I got an e-mail telling me that the specifications are a little out-dated on this site right now for some of the publishers.  I sent them a puzzle though a long time ago and have heard nada...  I thought maybe it might have to do with the format I used.  But now I am thinking that it might simply be that they didn't want it and it is easier to ignore the puzzle then to respond with a rejection.  But that would be rude, unless of course the idiot who sent you the puzzle didn't follow your specifications that you went to so much trouble to post!  In which case, I can just see the receiver getting the e-mail, trying to open the attachment and thinking, "Argh! Another one who can't follow easy instructions!  I will file this in the 'Constructors who don't follow my instructions' folder."  I mean I sent it early January...  I will follow your instructions but can you tell me, will this nullify the newer version of the CC I have or can I have both sitting on my desktop?
Thanks again for the response.

stickler

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »
If you follow my instructions a file with the same filename will be produced with a different extension (CC4-5.1 uses a .CC4 extension, versions above use .CCW). However, I suggest you use File->Save As CC4-5.1 and change your filename so you don't mix them up. When you "Save As", a new file is created and the existing file is not affected.

David Stickley
www.stickler.com.au for free international cryptic crosswords

fggoldston

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 12:11:10 AM »
Thank you!   I appreciate that.