CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: How to transfer Cruciverb word list to Crossfire on Windows 10 PC  (Read 7727 times)

cyberLOT

I tried to load the Cruciverb word list on Crossfire on a Windows 10 PC. The Crossfire manual does not provide clear documentation. Had to do some legwork to find a solution. Thought I'd post the results of my effort here. 

The problem: The Cruciverb word list is a text file (xxx.txt). Crossfire requires it to be xxx.dict.

Apparently, the content of files with .txt and .dict are interchangeable. The workaround is to change the file extension from .txt to .dict. This can be done in File Explorer*.

After changing the file extension to .dict: In Crossfire, Dictionary, Add, then browse to the newly named xxx.dict file and press Add. The xxx.dict file will be added to the dictionary.

Hope this helps other novices like me!

*(Note: the file extension name may be hidden. If so: Control Panel, Appearance & Personalization, Folder Options, View, File & Folders, Show hidden files, folders & drives)