CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 12/16 Craig Stowe  (Read 5166 times)

magus

Wed., 12/16 Craig Stowe
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
THEME:   parts of pianos found in random phrases

GOOD ONES:     
Gershwin's preludes {& theme}   PIANO PIECES   
Short list shortener [two separate clues]   ET AL and ETC ["Short" signals abbreviation]   

BTW:   
I applaud four literary references (two from Macbeth, "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner," and Sherlock Holmes) while ignoring The Simpsons, Star Wars, and Star Trek.   

I cannot decode the texting syntax of the clue "Pal to text '<3' symbols to" answered by BFF ("best friends forever").  It seems a foreign language.   

ESO should be clued "Pop song '____ Beso'. "   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Wed., 12/16 Craig Stowe
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »
The "less than" symbol followed by the number 3 is supposed to look like a heart. Actually, the human heart does not really resemble the traditional heart shape that adorns Valentines Day cards.....but I digress. As for today's crossword answer, I'm assuming "<3 <3 <3" is textspeak for "I love you, I love you, I love you."

We often complain about French, Spanish, German and Italian words appearing in puzzles. To me, these fershlugginer texting symbols seem equally as foreign!

magus

Re: Wed., 12/16 Craig Stowe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 08:56:28 AM »
So does fershlugginer, which sounds German or Yiddish. 

Thanks for explaining <3.  You have more patience than I.