CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LA Times  (Read 23511 times)

srenauer

LA Times
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »
Does anyone know if the LA Times across lite link and archive is gone for good, or it is going to be back once the site is finished rebuilding? It'd be nice to know what's going on!

drdinsmore

Re: LA Times
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
Given that both the download link is not functioning and the LAT archive is gone, I suspect that LAT has cancelled its agreement with Cruciverb.

Joyceegg

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:10:35 AM »
Then why would they have the link listed on the right side menu? Does anyone know? Is there any other site where you can interactively solve besides the Mensa, LAgametimes, and several others which all use the same format which is not user friendly.

chuckpuckett

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »
Is there a way to learn definitively whether LAT puzzle is returning to Cruciverb? I emphatically agree that the online puzzle (non-AcrossLite) currently offered on the LAT site is lousy-to-the-point-of-unusable.
If Cruciverb is dropping it, I wish they'd lose the link.

drdinsmore

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »
Given that both the download link is not functioning and the LAT archive is gone, I suspect that LAT has cancelled its agreement with Cruciverb.

japaget

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
 Since the "LA Times" link under "Today's Puzzles" now will download a .puz file if you are logged into the site, I suspect the archive of the last four weeks of the LA Times will be returning in a few days.  It is possible that the archive may not include puzzles before today's and will take four weeks to fill out, however.

barbara6020

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
Can you tell me where the new link is?  I still only see blanks on the home page.

aquinn

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »
My guess is the LA Times puzzles in Across Lite form will be back.  In the meantime, try: http://games.latimes.com/games/daily-crossword/

srenauer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 08:44:31 PM »
I was just now able to download across lite version of today's LAT.

fluff

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »
Worked yesterday, but not today.

Joyceegg

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »
agree with fluff......worked yesterday but not today. i wish the site manager would respond. :(   or better yet fix ALL the problems.

jalperin

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »
Also the LA Times archive web site is gone from the listing so cannot go back and get the older puzzles when they get online

micke

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:33 AM »
I was able to download the Sunday, Nov. 29th LA Times .puz file from the cruciverb link. This was the first time in a couple weeks. But today, Monday, it wasn't available again. Hope we get it back soon!

micke

aquinn

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:05 PM »
Read the home page:

SITE IS BEING REBUILT. SOME THINGS ARE NOT

WORKING. BEAR WITH US.

and

Please note that the 3-month LAT puzzle archive is temporarily unavailable. It should be back very soon.

You can still get the puzzles at  http://games.latimes.com/games/daily-crossword/, just not in Across Lite format