CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 11/25 Victor Barochas  (Read 5119 times)

magus

Wed., 11/25 Victor Barochas
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:15:32 AM »
THEME:   first word of a compound is modified by BODY, the second modified by SOUL

GOOD ONES:    
Wholeheartedly {& theme}   BODY AND SOUL   
Load off one's mine?   ORE [my nominee for the worst pun of the year --- I love it]   
Where heros are made   DELI [not heroes]   
Canine doc's deg.?   DDS [dentists care for canine teeth]   

BTW:   
Television   SET [kind of passe; they used to be a collection of tubes and controls in a box, or chasis, so set made sense; today they're called screens]   

Wyoming's ___ Range   TETON [when I was there as a lad, they were the Grand Tetons, which remains most apt]   

I found too many missed opportunities for clever clues in favor of the most pedestrian, but the theme compensated.   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Wed., 11/25 Victor Barochas
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »
The Grand Teton mountain range was originally referred to by French-Canadian settlers as Les Trois Tétons ("The Three Breasts"). And doesn't that put an interesting picture in your mind! :)

In today's crossword, "Sundial topper" is XII. On a clock, the number 12 is at the top. On a sundial, which lies horizontally, there really is no top, unless you count the entire surface, in which case all 12 numbers are on the top. Am I right?

magus

Re: Wed., 11/25 Victor Barochas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 09:20:51 AM »
nope.