CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Fri., 10/30 Don Gagliardo  (Read 5123 times)

magus

Fri., 10/30 Don Gagliardo
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
THEME:   Successive synonyms start phrases yet the first and last "synonyms" are antonyms [from HOT to COLD]

GOOD ONES:     
I believe this theme is the most creative of all.   
What each successive {theme}   SYNONYM   
What the start of {the first phrase} is to the the {last phrase}   ANTONYM

Els with clubs   ERNIE [the golfer --- but to me "els" were elevated train tracks and the clubs were weapons: Oh how I miss Brooklyn!]   
5 for B or 6 for C   AT. NO. [from the periodic table which I haven't seen since high school --- but I appreciate the too rare "science" entry]   
Theatrical piece?   TOUPEE [oddly a toupee (& a gun) is called simply a piece]   

BTW:   
Some email enders   PS'S [yesterday's MSS is as passe as post scripts for emails since we type {or "keyboard" to be more fashionable and clumsy}]   

Good, in Hebrew   TOV [With so many Jewish writers, publishers, and movie moguls; Mozel Tov is a well-known expression meaning "good luck."]   

Don's good taste is shown in referring to Annabella SCIORRA who was never better than in her guest role as a seductive car salesman in The Sopranos.  (My wife thinks I like her because she's Italian, but she's wrong: Madonna and Lady GaGa.)   

RATING: ;D ;D ;D ;D   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

rbe

Re: Fri., 10/30 Don Gagliardo
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
A four grin puzzle!
It was a very clever theme. (fixed)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:22:02 PM by rbe »

magus

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »
rbe---

Is "cleaver" a typo or is the joke on me?

rbe

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »
typo