CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Fri., 10/16 Mark Bickham  (Read 4773 times)

magus

Fri., 10/16 Mark Bickham
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
THEME:   first word of a reinterpreted phrase is synonymous with diminutive

GOOD ONES:     
Potty-training tool   LITTLE JOHN   
Child on TV for decades   JULIA [can't be a child for decades, which is the point]   
Grinder   MOLAR [I thought subs, etc.]   
Stunning or cunning  FOXY   

BTW:   
Hummingbird feature   SMALL BILL [their bills are huge comapred to their bodies; I'd go with "Chickadee feature"]   

Mark's a  good constructor so I'll try to forgive him for reminding me of "Sugar Sugar."   

RATING: ;D ;D   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Fri., 10/16 Mark Bickham
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
Parental advisory for Mister magus: The following post gives details about Sugar Sugar. Read at your own risk. :)

Sugar Sugar was written by Jeff Barry and Andy Kim and recorded by the Archies. The cartoon video showed Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Moose singing and playing instruments but the actual recording featured only Ron Dante and Toni Wine singing all the parts through the miracle of multi-tracking. The Archies spent four weeks at number one with that song but they could not tour or appear on television because they were just cartoon characters.

Sugar Sugar was first offered to the Monkees but Michael Nesmith turned it down, saying that he did not want his band to be stereotyped by recording "bubblegum music." Dummy! Wilson Pickett got to #25 with his own version of the song in 1970.