CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Re-using a grid  (Read 5539 times)

jeff992

Re-using a grid
« on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »
Hi, I just signed up here so I hope I don't ask questions that are too silly and obvious since I'm very new to trying to construct puzzles. I was trying my hand at doing my first puzzle. It was three 15 letter theme answers. I was trying to fill the rest of the puzzle and was having a lot of trouble with where to end up putting black squares. I think I was putting too few and having too many other long words also. Then I came across a puzzle in the newspaper that also had three 15 letter theme answers so I just ended up copying that grid as far as where the black spaces are and then did my fill from there. All the answers are my answers, I just copied the layout of black squares. I assume this is ok and normal to do and that many puzzles use the same layout? I just wanted to double check before trying to submit the puzzle anywhere. Thanks!

sobbybobo

Re: Re-using a grid
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
You're fine, empty grids are not copyrightable.

jeff992

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »
Thanks! I figured it was fine especially when I saw that this site can provide you with blank grids based on the length of your theme answers.

mmcbs

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »
May I also add, since you're new and may not have noticed this, when you design your own grid or modify one to fit your needs, you can add that grid to your grid library for future use. Menu GRID / GRID LIBRARY / ADD TO GRID LIBRARY
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/