CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Thu., 9/24 Timothy L Meaker  (Read 4480 times)

magus

Thu., 9/24 Timothy L Meaker
« on: September 24, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »
THEME:   ELEVATOR can precede last word of phrase

GOOD ONES:     
J.B. Holmes and Bubba Watson, e.g.   PROS [not Doyle]   

Part of a plot   ACRE   

BTW:   
Nutritional stat   RDA [why is this nonsense still being published?]   
For some reason known only to the ether world gods, I have been unable to use the editing tools yesterday and today.  {I did change over to Windows 10, but that was four days ago.}   

RATING:   2 grins
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:14:41 AM by magus »

Thomps2525

Re: Thu., 9/24 Timothy L Meaker
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
"Five-pointed, say" is STARLIKE. Real stars do not have points. And I initially thought REGIME was wrong for "Coordinated health program" since a regime is an authoritarian or dictatorial system of government. But my Webster's dictionary does indeed show the synonym "regimen" as the first definition of "regime."

Jules Markey's Daily News crossword includes LAIRS, BAIRNS, CHAIR, CONAIR, SEAAIR ("What sailors breathe"), PETHAIR, ASTAIRE, IMPAIRED, PRAIRIEDOG, HOMEREPAIR, PAIROFSOCKS, CLAIRVOYANT, UPTONSINCLAIR and UPSTAIRSDOWNSTAIRS. The "AIR" of each answer is in a single square. "Gas station supply"---and what is found in those answers---is COMPRESSEDAIR. And yes, the last three letters of COMPRESSEDAIR are also in a single square. And Markey came up with this clever clue: "Producer of many revivals" for EMT.

I would love to get Windows 10---and why was there no Windows 9?---but several friends have installed it and wound up losing files and graphics. Then they uninstalled it. Microsoft obviously has a lot of bugs to fix!