CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Sat., 8/15 Michael Wisenberg  (Read 3602 times)

magus

Sat., 8/15 Michael Wisenberg
« on: August 15, 2015, 10:36:09 AM »
THEME:   none, but eight 10-letter entries, including two that run the gamut!

GOOD ONES:    
Word for a loser?   LITE [dieters are losers, in a way --- and winners]   
Indictment feature?   SILENT C   
One of an orange trio   TENNESSEE AVENUE [in Monopoly --- of course I thought fruit]   
Gore and more   ALS [as in the ex-veep who may be foolish and egotistical enough to run again --- which may be gory]   
Turner in cooking   SPIT [I thought some chef on one of the metastizising (or "rising" if you're a fan) cooking shows]   

BTW:   
Their nos. may appear on shields   RTES [a sign in the shape of a shield is not a shield, it's a sign]   

Relish   LUST [relish = enjoy; lust = crave --- needs a tin ear to sense they are the same or even close]   

Blend   FIT IN [one of my favorite movie lines is Mona Lisa Vito's insulting Cousin Vinnie: "Oh, you blend"; which summarizes the plot in that Vinnie did anything but fit into the deep South, despite his metal-tipped cowboy boots.]   

It occurred to me that the most famous Carmen aria is much like "La Dona Mobile," just as famous and just as cynical.   

RATING:    ;D ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun