CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 7/29 Ian Livengood  (Read 4402 times)

magus

Wed., 7/29 Ian Livengood
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:38:47 AM »
THEME:   First word of phrase can sail in air

GOOD ONES:    
Sponsor's purchase {& theme}   AIR TIME   
Places to stand and deliver?   DIASES[speeches not bravery]   
They can call you out   UMPS [not darer's prompting you to "stand and deliver"]   
Green span   LEA [not Alan]   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Wed., 7/29 Ian Livengood
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »
Several more over-used words today: ACT, ARC, EEL, EPEE, LEA, ORO, SEE and STY.

"In a damp manner" was WETLY. I don't understand how something can be done "wetly" or "in a damp manner." "Wet" and "damp" are conditions, aren't they? I is confused.

The answer to "Gilligan's Island co-star" was ALANHALE. I don't think so. Alan Hale died in 1950 and the tv series ran from 1964 to 1967. The Gilligan actor was Alan Hale Jr. A very popular trivia question is "What was Gilligan's first name?" Series creator/writter Sherwood Schwartz gave Gilligan a first name but it was never used on the tv series. It was Willy.

magus

Re: Wed., 7/29 Ian Livengood
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
I didn't like WETLY either, but I thought it possible to be used --- probably in a bad novel --- "She slithered out of the pool and kissed him wetly on the lips."  I have, by the way, copyrighted that line.