CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Thu., 7/2 Robert E. Lee Morris  (Read 4833 times)

magus

Thu., 7/2 Robert E. Lee Morris
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:46:01 AM »
THEME:   anagrams of LEMON found in phrases

GOOD ONES:    
Cocktail garnish {& theme}   LEMON TWIST   
Longtime maker of convertibles  CASTRO [not cars but furniture]   

BTW:   
"Oh, go on!"   PISH [pshaw!]   

Covered in ink   TATTED [double pshaw!: this one means knitted only]   

"Airplane!" heroine   ELAINE [why, I wonder, is this character of the zillions of characters in a zillion movies selected for this entry?]   

"Elementary" network   CBS [one of the two network shows I DVR [note my hip use of a new verb] because of the portrayal of Holmes by Johnny Lee Miller, who does a fine job but whose work seems to go unrecognized.

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Thu., 7/2 Robert E. Lee Morris
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
The Oxford English Dictionary defines PISH as "a natural utterance used to express annoyance, impatience or disgust." It dates from the mid-1500s.

"Proactiv target"---a free plug for a product---was ZIT. I think ZIT and BARF are the two most disgusting words in the English language. "Zit" is defined as "a small inflamed elevation of the skin; a pustule or papule; a pimple: a common symptom in acne." The word dates from 1966 but its origin is unknown.

magus

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »
Do you prefer pustule to zit?

And what happened to Rewind?

Thomps2525

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »
Answer to your first question: Yes, by a very tiny margin.

Answer to your second question: Since 2003, I have written the daily Rewind music/radio/trivia feature for Don Barrett's LARadio.com. Don is a former motion-picture promotion man and former manager of mid-1970s top-40 station "K-100" KIQQ in Los Angeles. After 18 years, he is shutting down the website this month. He was putting in too many hours and not getting much support from the radio community. I will no longer be writing a daily column and I will no longer need to use the LARadioRewind name. I'll be getting rid of it and just using my main screen name, Thomps2525, which is the name I use on most other sites and is the name I should have used when I registered for this site. I don't know why I didn't.