CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Thu., 4/30 Jeffrey Wechsler  (Read 3867 times)

magus

Thu., 4/30 Jeffrey Wechsler
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »
THEME:   phrases that can mean [sniff]

GOOD ONES:     
Bad thing to take in Vegas?   BATH   
Conductor's calls   STOPS [I thought orchestral not train --- maybe because of TOSCA (which features my favorite aria)]   

BTW:   
Proud to be ignorant of YMO; sad to say I do know EMO --- but only from Xwords.   

RATING: ;D ;D   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

rbe

Re: Thu., 4/30 Jeffrey Wechsler
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »
I also only know EMO from crosswords, and that is the correct answer.
It's Daniel Dae Kim, whom I have never heard of.

Thomps2525

Re: Thu., 4/30 Jeffrey Wechsler
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
Daniel Dae Kim was born in South Korea and has appeared in many television series, including ER, 24, Lost, CSI, Star Trek Voyager and NYPD Blue. He also has voiced characters in video games and currently co-stars in the rebooted Hawaii Five-O series.

I had heard of him...but I had not heard of the actor whose first name appeared at 9-across. Tessa Thompson has had roles in many movies and tv series and is best known for co-starring in 22 episodes of Veronica Mars. (Many women in the acting profession now prefer to be identified by the gender-neutral word "actor" and not "actress." I'll have to make sure that I never refer to a female creator of a crossword puzzle as a "creatress." :)))