CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Thu., 4/2 Gareth Bain  (Read 5515 times)

magus

Thu., 4/2 Gareth Bain
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »
THEME:   anagrams of EASTER found in random phrases (glad the PC police allowed this clearly non-inclusive theme)

GOOD ONES:     
Words spoken often this time of year {& theme}   HAPPY EASTER   
Years in the Roman legion   ANNI   
First car, for many   TOY   

BTW:   
IS IT ME is an example of how the predicate nominative is practically archaic.  I'm sure I'm be considered a pedant for saying "It was she."   

How many artists work   ON SPEC [Sadly they have to since the patronage system died.]   

Half of seis is not English, or Spanish.   

Overachiever's concern   STRESS [not sure there is such a thing as an overachiever, only an under estimator]   

Chintzy   CHEAPO [I think Cheapo needs El to make it work]   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Thu., 4/2 Gareth Bain
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
Cheapo was the little-known sixth Marx Brother. :)

"Many a sofa" was THREESEATER. That word is not in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, nor is TWOSEATER. When I see or hear either of those words, the reference is usually to a bicycle. I have never heard those words applied to a sofa. A bicycle can have one, two or three seats and each seat is separate. A couch may or may not have cushions but a couch does not have individual seats. Depending upon their size and upon how squished they choose to be, six or seven people could sit together on a couch. But I discovered that there really are couches advertised as three-seaters. And they do have room to seat six or seven people!

http://www.boconcept.com/hr-hr/furniture/living/3-seater-sofas

http://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/living-room/sofas/3-seater-sofas.aspx