CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: filling a tough corner  (Read 6220 times)

4wd

filling a tough corner
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »
Quite new to crossword construction and currently filling my first themed puzzle, my theme entries are quite catchy, though I'm having problems filling a corner, seems there aren't a lot of available fills and it's driving me nuts, been at it a couple days now.

how do you guys/gals tackle a tough corner ??

I've tried abbreviations, brand names, lowering the grid fingers etc. trying to stay away from obscure entries. 

Haven't got gold membership as yet so I'm working with Crossword Compiler's built in word lists.

Thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:47:32 AM by 4wd »

mmcbs

Re: filling a tough corner
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
You have partially answered your own question, as the default word list in Compiler is not very robust. If you would be willing to share the grid with me, I'd be glad to take a look at it to see if I can help. email me directly at mcclain.salem@gmail.com (and also if you are targeting the puzzle for a particular spot, tell me that, too).
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

4wd

Re: filling a tough corner
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »
Oh, thought I'd get a decent word list as they've got lots of additional stuff. Thanks for offering, have emailed you the grid :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:06:29 PM by 4wd »