Forum > Today's Puzzles

Tue., 2/10 Kevin Christian

(1/2) > >>

magus:
THEME:   three computer terms including AND

GOOD ONES:     
none   

BTW:   
Am I wrong or was this the easiest puzzle ever?  It was certainly among the most boring, and I do not believe it is due to the constructor.  The policy of Mon./Tue. throw-aways, in an attempt to be inclusive, is probably exclusive.  This may be my last early-in-the-week entry.   

RATING: :'(   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525:
Mister magus, I know you do not like the crossword answer ELHI, referring to school grades K through 12. I don't like it either. It is not a word and it never appears anywhere outside of crossword puzzles. Today's puzzle included TELCO, for "AT&T, briefly." I'm guessing that TELCO is another word that we will never see anywhere except in a crossword puzzle.

Occasionally a puzzle creator will wind up with a combination of letters that do not make a word but he keeps them because, overall, the puzzle is well-crafted and clever and it would be too difficult to change that particular section of the grid. He then has to find a clue which makes sense. Unfortunately for those of us who object to ELHI, that answer now appears in puzzles quite often. I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of TELCO either.

rbe:
I see TELCO used in business news. According to Merriam-Webster, the definition is: a telecommunications company. First known use 1975. 

Thomps2525:
In that case, I hereby declare CROPU to be a legitimate word meaning "crossword puzzle." :)

rbe:
Not the same at all. Telco IS a word for telecommunication companies. I found it in 14 different on-line dictionaries. I couldn't find one dictionary that listed Cropu.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version