CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 11/26 Matt Skoczen  (Read 3407 times)

magus

Wed., 11/26 Matt Skoczen
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »
THEME:   phrases containing a word synonymous with exits

GOOD ONES:     
I didn't find any.   

BTW:   
It seems that the aim of the puzzle was less to entertain than to stump the solver.  (In that there is entertainment.)  Even the the covert theme must be searched for.  Connecting CATT with TATAMI at the first T of CATT is unsporting at best.  But I did like ANYTHING GOES because it brought to mind Cole Porter's great lyrics, and in truth I found the challenge fun.   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Wed., 11/26 Matt Skoczen
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
When I was in school, the history books focused on the accomplishments of white men. Contributions of women and blacks and Latinos and Asians were mostly ignored. The last name of Carrie Chapman Catt appeared in today's puzzle and I had never heard of her. Catt founded the League of Women Voters in 1920 and successfully fought for passage of the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote.

Also in the puzzle was the first name of Emil Gilels, another person I had never heard of. He was a renowned Russian pianist who gave his first concert in 1929 at the age of 12.

I saw the movie Ratatouille so I at least knew who Remy was. ;)