CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Tue., 7/29 Pawel Fludzinski  (Read 4169 times)

magus

Tue., 7/29 Pawel Fludzinski
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:07:39 AM »
THEME:   words and phrases containing 4 A's

GOOD ONES:     
Battery {& theme}   AAAA [didn't know about these guys]   
Missed the bus, forgot lunch, argued with the boss, etc.   HAD A BAD DAY [enjoyed the length and related]   
Napkin holder   LAP   

BTW:   
Madison or Monroe, for short   JAS [I had JIM and I'm right!  What this Jas. jazz?]   >:(   

Busybody   YENTA [Only among Jews is the Yiddish term possibly to be heard, and since we have a term in English, it seems superfluous.  I like spritz and shhmooze but not ganef.]   

RATING:  ;D   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

wbg

Re: Tue., 7/29 Pawel Fludzinski
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:20:06 AM »
JAS was used as an abbreviation for James in the old days, around the time those guys were active.  Fair clue.

magus

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:44:42 AM »
WBG---

Thanks for the help, but I didn't say it was unfair or incorrect (not in brown), and I had the period to show it was an abbreviation.  I just thought it outre.  I mean, when was the last time you saw it?

wbg

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
Sorry, didn't know wrong was noted in brown.  I don't think I've ever seen it in an original, current usage, just in excerpts from old documents.