CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT download not working  (Read 23873 times)

drdinsmore

LAT download not working
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
I am periodically unable to download the L.A. Times, always on a Monday. I always D/L early in the morning about 7:00 AM Eastern. Is there a bug in WordPress or maybe a problem with the link which only shows up on Mondays? :-\

admin

• Administrator
Re: LAT download not working
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
There was a glitch today due to new security measures put into place late last night. It was corrected by 7:20AM. There have been several other Mondays when the puzzle was not available, and that was just due to me not getting them loaded onto the server in time. I'm trying to get better at that.

drdinsmore

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
Thanks for the explanation. You do a GREAT job of keeping this site fresh, keep up the good work!

mmespeer

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
I too am having a problem downloading the LAT today. I am logged in, but when I click on the LAT link, nothing happens.

mmespeer

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
Now it's working for me!

cmgarcia

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
I can't get LA Times either. It's been 3 days.

rbe

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Can't access LAT. I get a "file does not exist" message. 8:45 PDT 3/27/14.

Harrietfsmith

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:38:25 PM »
I'm stuck too.  Really miss my LAT.  Any ideas about what I need to do

drdinsmore

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »
6 days later, still not working. I can d/l the puzzle directly via a browser but cannot access it with the Crossword Light iPad app. All other puzzles offered in the same section download fine. Is it possible that the LA Times does not accept a 3rd party link?

buzlightyear

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »
LAT download not working for logged on Cruciverb members. Error messages reads "Download Failed." Pls advise. Thanks!

coralsun

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 07:04:05 PM »
For the past few days I get "Puzzle Download Failed" in trying to download the LA Times crossword puzzle in my StandAlone Crossword app (iPad and iPhone).  On this site I see the Archives shows: "LA Times offline temporarily"  What's the problem?

Edited to add:  I'm doing what is directed in the message on the Home page here ("Hello puzzlers! If you have been trying to get the LA Times puzzle and have not been able to it is probably because you have been getting it through a third party link. This is not permitted. LA Times has generously offered access to their puzzle in Across Lite format, but exclusively to the cruciverb.com membership. To get the puzzle, you must log into this site first, then click on the "LA Times" link in the right-hand menu").  I'm logged in and clicking on the "LA Times" link on the right but the download still fails.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:09:47 PM by elainestar »

mmespeer

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Ditto, here.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »
Folks, please read the message on the homepage. Third party links will NOT work. Getting the puzzle through an app which tries to circumvent authentication will no longer work.

You must log into the homepage, then click on the "La Times" puzzle on the right hand side.

I will be working on a hand-held device-friendly version of the homepage soon. In the meantime, you must log into cruciverb.com using the browser in your phone or pad, then click on the link.

coralsun

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
Thank you, admin.  I went to this website via Safari on my iPad and today's LA Times downloaded successfully.  In my opinion, your message on the homepage would be better understood if you clearly state we must access your site with our browser and not through the app.  Thanks, again.  :)

fluff

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
I appreciate this wonderful site, but really miss being able to get the LA times puzzle on my iPad.  :(