CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Is CrossFire still alive?  (Read 13425 times)

Nottageek

Is CrossFire still alive?
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:32:31 AM »
The software won't open on the Mac, and email to contact address is being rejected. Anyone had recent dealings?

ajoe

Re: Is CrossFire still alive?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
You may have an issue with Java. The Java runtime is not installed by default anymore. I am running Mac OS X 10.9.1 and just downloaded and installed the Crossfire demo without problems.

Nottageek

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »
Latest version of Java installed to no avail. Message I'm getting is:
"CrossFire.app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

As I mentioned, email to developer is also bouncing. Has anyone bought it recently?

qwrrty

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
I realize this is an ancient thread, but just in case anyone else runs across this when searching for information about CrossFire on the Mac:

CrossFire does continue to work on the Mac. I am currently using it on OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan). The most recent CrossFire release is based on Java 6, which requires installing a legacy Java runtime from Apple, but it still works.

The warning "CrossFire.app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" is the result of Apple allowing by default only apps from registered Apple developers to run. It is easy to work around: when the dialog comes up, you may click the "Open" button to open the app anyway.

ahimsa

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 07:13:23 PM »
Thanks for the update on CrossFire, qwrrty.

I'm still using it on Yosemite so it's good to know it works on the latest OS version.

JTGolden

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 01:32:02 PM »
I'm so relieved to find this thread. Where can I find the right version of Java?

JTGolden

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »
Ok, I *think* I have installed Java 6 because it says the installation was successful, but then when I try to install Crossfire I am also told it is successful but I can't find it in my Applications or anywhere else on my computer. Anyone else have this issue?