CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 9/4 Victor Barocas  (Read 4654 times)

magus

Wed., 9/4 Victor Barocas
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
THEME:   people who may be considered "swingers"

GOOD ONES:    
Important word for {theme}   SWING   
Body part that smells   NOSE [surprised this clue passed the "breakfast test"]   
Not at all well-done   RARE   
Bulletin board material   CORK [I thought info.]   
Feathery layer   HEN   
Forest floor flora   FERN [how's that for onomatopoeia!  Reminds me of Walter de la Mare's "The Listeners"]   

BTW:   
Like cough syrup   ORAL [not really --- it's taken orally; the medicine itself is not oral, meaning related to the mouth]   

PETRI is off-the-wall hard for a Wednesday (and for me  :-[ ); but it didn't have to be.  It took five minutes, less, to avoid the name:   
   Change PETRI to DOUBT; SWING to SESTA; and AFT to ODS [OD's means overdoses]
   Thus ANTI becomes ONUS, FERN becomes DEBT, and TRIG becomes SRTA [senorita title address]

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Bruisers Master

Re: Wed., 9/4 Victor Barocas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:59:40 PM »
Dictionary.com defines "oral" as "done, taken, or administered through the mouth: an oral dose of medicine"

magus

Re: Wed., 9/4 Victor Barocas
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
The problem with using Dictionary.com is that you may come away with an incomplete understanding of a term.  Go to Webster's of Oxford if you want to get the aggregate opinion of leading scholars.  Or, you can just take for granted that what I say is correct.  :)