CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Sun., 6/23 Pawel Fludzinski  (Read 3294 times)

magus

Sun., 6/23 Pawel Fludzinski
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
THEME:   Movie titles with Roman numerals replacing numbers (none of the numbers is repeated)

GOOD ONES:    
Banks on a diamond   ERNIE [Ernie Banks was a baseball player, but "banks" can mean "relies"]   
Light opening?   TWI   
Lab inspector?   VET [Lab, the dog]   
Can plan   ESCAPE [At first I thought it was a misprint, that it should have been "Con plan."  But a jail can be called a "can."]   

BTW:   
Effort before the effort   PREWORK [I guess it could be used that way, but it would be unusual.  More likely the term would be used to describe a period before work, e.g., "I had a prework treat."]   

Two sheets to the wind?   TIPSY [not sure why there is a question mark, but the idiom suggests very drunk, not just tipsy.  In sailing, sheets are ropes tied to sails.  The question mark would be required if the boat were "tipsy" because of loose sails.  But no.]   

Honeymoon adventure   SAFARI [yes, but so could any vacaction; to use honeymoon, a special vacation, seems sly.  Would the following be kosher?  "Dine with the Obama's" for EAT.  Actually, that would be better because it has irony; honeymoon is humorless and just misleads.]   

RATING: ;D ;D   
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun