Forum > General Discussion

New Blog site for Crosswords

(1/2) > >>

Cleveland A. McElfresh:
I'll be updating my blog for crosswords hopefully once a day with a new puzzle. The URL is: www.downrightoutcrossing.com 
Feel free to check it out. Please pass it on to other if you like it yourself, and as always comments and criticism is welcome!

Also, right now I can only post PDFs of my puzzles, does anyone know how to post .puz files to wordpress?

Thanks!

Alex

gvenkatesh:

--- Quote from: db0255 on November 06, 2010, 11:28:37 PM ---Also, right now I can only post PDFs of my puzzles, does anyone know how to post .puz files to wordpress?

--- End quote ---

See response to your Etc forum post.
http://www.cruciverb.com/index.php?topic=1021.msg2162#msg2162

Cleveland A. McElfresh:
This works! Thanks; the only problem is that it can't embed...I don't know if that matters all that much, but if you look at the site, it goes to a link. I can't change that on the HTML editor...aroo?

gvenkatesh:

--- Quote from: db0255 on November 08, 2010, 12:43:40 PM ---This works! Thanks; the only problem is that it can't embed...I don't know if that matters all that much, but if you look at the site, it goes to a link. I can't change that on the HTML editor...aroo?

--- End quote ---

Have sent you e-mail with details. Better to use the share link than the embed link.

This will work although it would be nicer if the crossword is embedded in the blog itself than make people click on a link. But latest version of WordPress requires that you have Editor (or higher) permissions (they call them roles) to insert HTML code like the embed code and have it appear inline. Otherwise it allows simple links but strips all HTML. Blog owners can easily become Editors for their blogs.

If you have editor permissions, then placing the embed code while editing will look something like below in the WordPress HTML tab (you will copy and paste the embed code provided by the service for your uploaded crossword, of course). It won't show in the Visual tab but it will appear when you publish. If you don't have Editor or higher role than it will not appear in the published post either.

Cleveland A. McElfresh:
I'm an administrator, but when I go to the Users tab it won't let me change to an Editor. As of right now, the embed frame is what I put in which looks like that image, but then it changes to a regular link when published.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version